Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Core'dinations Back to School

Happy Friday!

Well, first week of school down the tubes!!!  It has been a big adjustment for all of us- lots of tired kiddos and mommies!!LOL!!  Going to have to rest up for a full week next week!

I have mentioned several times before that I leave the house for school well before anyone else wakes up in the house.  So I miss out on all the fun with back to school first day. So I like to leave Jack a little note for him to read that tells him that I love him and that I am thinking of him ALL day long.

This year I made a Core'dinations card for him that was on his placemat waiting for him.  I took a Silhoutte image and turned it into a card.  I cut the card base out in white.  I then cut the apple, stem and leaf out uisng Core'dinations.  I then embossed the three parts using different embossing folders.  For the apple a Cuttlebug dot embossing folder, for the stem a Darice woodgrain folder and for the leaf a Cuttlebug folder.  I love all the different textures.  I then cut down a Core smooth tag and stamped the sentiment and bus using some older Paper Trey Ink stamps.  Finally I attaced it to the card using some yummy twine from the Stringery!  As a final touch I added some black gems to represent seeds.  I love how it turned out and Jack LOVED it!!!
Too see some more of my back to school projects head on over to the Core'dinations blog.  I even have a how to video on how to use the Core Cardstock.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back next week with new projects.  See you then and have a wonderful and crafty weekend.
mp

16 comments:

Mirabyll said...

This is just darling cute! And once again I must say I looove the embossing you do!! Thanks for sharing!

Jingle said...

Absolutely adorable! I just love the embossing!

Catherine said...

What a sweet card for your boy to find on the morning of his first day of school. Love it!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, so detailed with those black gems and cute!

Annette Allen said...

now that is the cutest apple ever.. i love it

Aimee Kidd said...

Just saw this in the Scrapbook.com gallery and had to come say how ADORABLE it is!!

Tracey McNeely said...

This is supra cute Mary Pat!

Kelly Roberts said...

how cute is this??? super cute, i say. great job on this apple!

Tracy said...

Sorry you miss out on the excitement of the first day of school with jack. But he will remember and cherish your sweet and thoughtful cards and special notes for him.
And this card is adorable. I too like all the texture to this card

~Tammy~ said...

This is just the sweetest! So so sweet!

Ava Gavloski said...

very cute, love it

Chantal Vandenberg said...

Oh how cute! I love apples and nothing could be more perfect for the subject matter!!

SandeeNC said...

That is a stunning little card, I hope that Jack is keeping all these so when he is older he can look back on how thoughtful and crafty his mom was! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, love the words of encouragement, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina♥

Kimberly Kett said...

How adorable is this, I LOVE IT!!!

Dana Tatar said...

Super cute card! I love all the texture!

Katie said...

This is such a cute card! I'm sure Jack loves the notes that you leave him, that is so special!

Post a Comment