Monday, July 15, 2013

Monday Core'dinations Be You

Happy Monday!

Did you have a nice weekend?  I did!  On Sunday I did something that I haven't done in AGES!  I went to Archiver's and met a friend and we scrapped the afternoon away!  It was so much fun!!  Loved every minute of it!

Core'dinations has some of the coolest cardstock ever!  One of those is the Tim Holtz Kraft - Core Seasonal Impressions.  I was blown away at how cool this paper was and how it totally made an awesome layout it minutes!

I used the Americana paper and added some Moxxie and I had the layout done!  For the cardstock I lightly sanded the embossed cardstock to reveal the core.  Next, I made a mat for my photo and scored the paper to create a frame and then lightly sanded it to expose the scoring.  I then layered my pattern paper and added my photo!  The cardstock totally makes this page.  I also cut part of the title using my Core and Silhouette! Lastly I added some wood veneer, a little bit of twine from The Stringery and a flair badge!
supplies
cardstock- Core'dinations
pattern paper- moxxie
flair- a flair for buttons
twine- the stringery
wood veneer- studio calico and little yellow bicycle

Thanks for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a new project!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

23 comments:

Dana Tatar said...

Oh, that cardstock is just perfect for your page! Love it!

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Super page, Mary Pat! I love the patriotic colors.

Anonymous said...

Lovely papers! Glad to hear you had a fun weekend.

Tammy said...

Love this layout! That cardstock is really cool and was the perfect backdrop for that adorable photo! :)

Arlene said...

Great layout, I love the background paper!

Annette Allen said...

wow so awesome.. love the embossed background..

Mary Jo said...

That is cool cardstock! Made a very cool page!!
I was just telling one of my friends we should go to Archiver's one Sunday afternoon to scrapbook. We have been trying to set up a date to scrapbook for awhile!

Sherry C said...

Gorgeous layout! I love Core', too! Scrapping at Archivers sounds divine. :)

Dictionary said...

What a fab layout! Glad you got in a little scrapy time, we all need to get away with a bff and have some fun time every now and then.

Tasha said...

Cute! The embossed paper is perfect, love it!

Becky said...

That sounds like so much fun!!!! I don't have any friends around here who like to scrap :( you are so lucky! This layout looks so cool!!! Love that paper!

Erica said...

That embossed background is cool. Great layout that puts the focus on the photo.

Connie Mercer said...

precious photo!! Super cute!!!

Jingle said...

Awesome layout! I love the embossed background!

Kimberly Kett said...

FABULOUS page!! Love that background paper and the layers!

Madeline said...

WOW...love the embossed background! Beautiful page!

Jennifer Grace said...

Wow, that cardstock really adds a wow-factor! I love the big horizontal flag behind your photo too. x

Katie said...

That paper is so perfect for your picture! I love how it all came together!

Scrapping at Archiver's all day sounds amazimg! You know, I still haven't been to one! I need to fix that asap!

Mirabyll said...

Lovely effect! Thanks for sharing this fab page!

~Tammy~ said...

So sweet!

~Tammy~ said...

So sweet!

Norma Gomez said...

Oh sounds like an amazing way to spend the weekend and your layout turned out beautiful! Have a wonderful day :D

Margie Higuchi said...

Fabulous page! Don't you love this paper pack? One of my favorites :)

Post a Comment