Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday Christmas School Project

Happy Monday!

Did you have a great weekend?  We sure did! We also brought up all the Christmas decorations and placed them in the living room.  I will set to decorate the day after Thanksgiving!  I have to say I am getting in the holiday mood now!

Speaking of the Holiday Mood- Jack's first grade class has a holiday project and Jack and I had so much fun.  The project was to decorate a cereal box with Christmas decorations and to bring in 30 Christmas cards.   Each day till Christmas the kids have to write cards to their classmates and teachers in the building.  This is to practice their writing skills and the box is to hold the cards they will receive.

So here is the card that I made for Jack.  I used my Paper Smooches stamps to create this card.
Just a basic card but I like the CAS look and because I had to make 30 of them - they were so easy!

For the box I used some cardstock and then some Imaginisce pattern paper and die cuts.  I love how it turned out.

Front
I sprinkled the paper with some of the new Heidi Swapp sprays in gold and red then added some twine from The Stringery

Back
I just love that Santa!

supplies
card
stamps- paper smooches
ink- jenni bowlin

box
cardstock- american crafts
paper- die cuts- imaginisce
paint- heidi swapp
sewing machine

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I will be back tomorrow with a sketch and layout for you!  See you then!  Have a wonderful and crafty day!
mp

21 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Very cute...I just love that little deer.

Dawn Gross said...

Love the top one! Actually I love them all but the top is my favorite! Can't believe it's almost Christmas!

~Tammy~ said...

All so cute! Easy peasy project for Jack with a talented crafty mama! :-))))

Lisa Rukin Swift said...

Such a cute ensemble, Mary Pat, and a wonderful way for the kids to practice their writing skills!

Becky said...

What a great idea!!! The card and box turned out so adorable!!

Jingle said...

These are really cute! I just LOVE your PS card!

Annette Allen said...

woohoo to Christmas decorations.. I am next girl.. I alway put my tree up after Thanksgiving...like the next day..hehe..

adorable projects.. :)

Tanya Ham said...

I bet that box will be the best in the class, it's super cute! Love that card too! :)

Connie Mercer said...

fabulous~love them both!!!

Jennifer Grace said...

That box is super awesome! And the card is great, simple but effective! x

Steph said...

Adorable cards! What a great class project. Love it.

Connie Mercer said...

I'm back~congrats on the Practical Scrappers DT!!!! whoop!!!

msmith434343 said...

Cute cute cute!! I'm in love with that first one - just adorable!

Thank you for sharing your work.

laura said...

Adorable cards. I am not making any this year. Just received my photo card order.

Sharla said...

What a fun project and cute cards!!

Norma G. said...

Awe...very cute! I miss the fun projects, now they feel like homework for me too, lol.

Happy Monday!!!

Tracy said...

I am sure Jack will have one of the cutest decorated boxes in his class :)
Your card is so cute...I think this is perfect for having to make so many of them.

Kim Heggins said...

All of your cards are just too cute! I love the first one with the paper smooches stamps, just so sweet.

gale said...

That CAS card is perfect for mass production. It's really cute! I love the box too!

Izzy Anderson said...

That is a big project for Jack and all his classmates. Good thing he has a crafty mom! Love that stamp and your cards. So cute. He will be the envy of the school! The box turned out great too.

Katie said...

What a fun Christmas project for the kids! I love it!

He is lucky to have such a crafty mom - I bet he has the best looking cards in the class!

Post a Comment