Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jack & Michael

Happy Tuesday!

I had a great couple days off blogging.  School was so busy.  I found out that next year I will have to travel to 2 different schools and it was all stressful.  So I just slowed down and now HELLO SUMMER!  I will be taking several weeks off this summer from blogging as well.  Going to try and leave the computer behind a bit this summer.  Focus on other things--playing outside, taking day trips with the boys to the zoo and other children's museums, various parks, and other amusement parks.  Oh looks like I will have a ton to scrap--oh yeah!!!

I was reading a couple of threads recently on 2Peas about being stressed out with scrapping because they were "behind".  Do you ever get stressed out about your hobby?  I know I don't.  I like being "behind" in my scrapping.  If I were all caught up then what would I do? Plus I have my hobby as a stress reliever.  I "escape" into my little hobby to get away of the stresses I have at work.  I also use the time as time to spend with my boys.  (Right now they are both into my punches--way too cute!)  So does your hobby stress you out?  Just wondering

Here is a layout I made awhile ago using Echo Park's For the Record.  I love this line.  So cute, and I have to say I love this layout.  This was the boy's school picture from last Fall.  Way too cute!

supplies
paper & embellishments-Echo Park
ink-tim holtz distress ink black soot


Have to say that I am going to be teaching a new class at Simply Scrapbooks in July.  It is a card class using the Jillibean Soup Watermelon Gazpacho Soup.  I am finishing up my displays even as we speak and then I need to set a date.  I am so excited about this new project!  I will post some sneak peaks in the weeks to come.  I also have to start on my displays for the July sketch class--we are using Echo Park Summertime.  I love this line!  Can't wait!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I will be back tomorrow with Wednesday's Card.  See ya then!


16 comments:

Unknown said...

Very sweet layout, love the whole thing! And that photo is adorable. You do have two of the cutest boys ever, Mary Pat!

Becky said...

Traveling between two schools DOES sound stressful, but I'm sure you love your job and are VERY good at it (and grateful too) :) I don't get stressed out about being caught up, even though I like the feeling of being caught up. In more recent years I've gotten more into making cards and other paper crafts and so I like to get my layouts done so I can move on to other projects :) I don't stress about it though. I love, love your layout today! That journaling spot is adorable and I LOVE how Michael is waving in that picture! Too cute!

Beth said...

I like being behind, too! In fact, just last night I finally put some pics from 1989 in a photo album and picked out some I'd like to scrap!! So I'm REALLY behind! Now that my kids are both out of high school, I feel like I have time to go back and scrap the fun things!

I must go get that Echo Park...love it! And your boys are such cuties!

Jingle said...

Fabulous page!!!

Just Jaime said...

Love the postage stamp bg!

Steph said...

Very cute layout!

Sue Althouse said...

Perfect paper for these photos! I don't feel behind, but I am going to take the summer to do more things I want to do and less things I feel I have to do!

Handmade Hannah said...

Lovely layout - I really like the alphas that you have used and the photo is so sweet :)

robindefender said...

Aw, what an adorable photo of your boys! And such a sweet layout to complement it.

Elisa K said...

love the layout and the photo of your boys is way cute. Thanks for sharing.

Vanessa said...

cute layout! I don't think I could ever get stressed out from scrapbooking. To me, being behind is all part of the fun.

ScrappnBee said...

Love this layout! RW &B are favorites of mine, and it has a timeless, vintage-y fee! Totally love the pstage stamp mat too! Great Job!

Tammy said...

Sounds like you have a fantastic summer planned. A little time away from the computer can be a good thing! I love your layout. I'm still hoarding lots of For the Record. I love it and it looks great with this photo of your adorable boys. I've never understood the whole "caught up" thing because I think the same thing you do...if I scrapbooked every photo already, what the heck would I do? I love having piles of photos waiting for me. I enjoy playing with paper too much to ever let it stress me! :)

Tracy said...

Another adorable layout.
So cute that Michael is waving to the camera.
Traveling between two schools doesn't sound like fun. Are they very far away from each other?

I used to be stressed about being behind, now I am so far behind, I'm not stressed, lol.

Amy said...

I'm so sorry your year ended stressful! That is a bummer! How far are the two schools from each other? Will you have to do 2 open houses and such? I love that For the Record paper! The layout is fabulous and I love the typewriter font on the card!! and I'm super jealous that you got your hands on the Jillibean soup summer line....can't find it at any of my local stores!

Katie said...

I'm sorry you are going to be "shared" between schools next year. I traveled between two schools this year. It was definitely more stressful than being in one school in some ways, but it some ways, it was also wonderful. It definitely makes the day go quickly, and if one school is stressing you out, you just get to the other school and its like a little escape. Plus, you have twice as many people to gather wonderful ideas from!

And, the drive or walk in the middle of the day to switch is a nice little break, and a great excuse to get outside on a nice day! Although, if you are walking, I highly recommended one of those rolling carts, I know people make fun, but your back will thank you!

Post a Comment