Thursday, February 24, 2011

GYSO #8

Happy Thursday!.

Normally I put my weekly GYSO sketch out on Friday but I still am working on the finishing touches on my layout for the Little Yellow Bicycle challenge.  So I thought I would shake things up a bit.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my take on it.  It is Michael opening up his presents Christmas Morning.  He was opening up his favorite present--Curious George.  Jack, god love him, wanted to get Michael a present and he remembered that he had a George stuffed animal that he NEVER played with and he asked me if he could give it to Michael.  He knew that George was Michael's favorite.  How cute is that?

Supplies
bazzill, imaginisce, paper trey ink

Sorry for all the quick posts but still not feeling that great.
Well I hope everyone has a great day.  I will be back tomorrow!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

11 comments:

Kerryn said...

Great take on the sketch Mary!

hilde janbroers said...

so cute!

Patter Cross said...

Great layout, and wonderful sketch! Look at those precious photos! :)

Michele's Scrapy Creations said...

love layout and cute story! hope you're feeling better soon. I know how you feels that how I am this week the flu really kicking my butt. ugh

Lisa Echerd said...

Oh, he is so cute. I like how you did your border strips, breaking up the busy patterns with the stripes. Very striking.

Becky said...

What a sweet story! Cute layout, love the buttons and patterned paper. Also, I'm digging your blog makeover! Super cute!

Christine said...

What a sweet story. :) I really like how you turned the sketch.

Danielle said...

Great take on the sketch. Hope you feel better soon.

Pam said...

How sweet! Love it! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind comments on my blog. I hope you are feeling much better real soon! This cold/flu is a bugger to overcome. I feel like we are never going to get over it in this household. But we will! (((Hugs))).

Tammy said...

Feel better! Love your layout - that is a cute story. Love how you flipped the sketch on its side, great way to get a totally different look! :)

Tammy
http://www.yourmemoryconnection.com/

Tracy said...

Awww what a thoughtful sweet little boy you have there.
Your layout is lovely. I am really enjoying seeing your take on these sketches.

Post a Comment