Thursday, January 20, 2011

What I am Working on Thursday

Good Morning Everyone,

I am very chipper this morning.  The "White Death" is coming today.  We are expected to get a pretty good snow storm today and into the day of Friday.  It will be fun and exciting to drive home from work today, but what can you do?

Over the weekend I got a new DT kit from Simply Scrapbooks, my local scrap store, and it is from Pebbles. The line is called Cats & Dogs.  It is really cute paper if you have a pet.   For my work here we must submit 2 page layouts.  Again first I design my sketch.  Here is is.
And then I plot it out.  I have several shapes that I use a lot of the help me plot out the page.  I use a lot of 10 X10 squares in the center of my layouts, and then I have several scraps in the shape of 4x6 and 4x4 squares so that they "resemble" photos.  I don't like to actually CUT my paper until I am definitely sure of the design.
When we get a kit we must use all the paper in the kit on the layout.  Here are the pictures of the 4 papers.  They are all double sided too.  I think they are so cute and the colors are awesome.  I even like the design on the B sides because they are not pet oriented.
Here are the felt embellishments that I need to use on the layout.  They are so cute with little buttons and dog bones etc.

I think the page is going to come out really cute.  I have to go take pictures now of my dog Bailey ( who currently lives with my mom) and Jack.  Hopefully they will cooperate.  I don't know which will be worse-posing my dog or my son or both.  We shall see. 

I hope everyone is having a great day!  I will be back tomorrow with a new layout.  Thanks so much for stopping by!



7 comments:

Tracy said...

Thank you for sharing how you put your layouts together.
Looking forward to your layout.

Becky said...

That's a great idea, to have pre-cut shapes like that! Thanks for the tip! We ended up with 8". I'm sure it's the same storm that's headed to Ohio. Snow days on Fridays are the BEST!!!

Steph said...

Those felt embellishments are adorable! Can't wait to see the final layout.

Anonymous said...

Oh my that is a really cute line. Can't wait to see what your create!

Sue Althouse said...

So fun to take a peek into your process. Looking forward to the finished result. I'm a little jealous of your snow - we will just get brushed by this one, and I would like one snowstorm this winter. Crazy, I know. Stay safe!

April Michelle said...

aww too cute, can't wait to see what you create.

hilde janbroers said...

can't wait to see your layout!! looks cute!

Post a Comment