Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Can't Believe My Son Turned 5! + A Card!

I just can't believe that my son turned 5 yesterday.  It seems just like yesterday that he was born.  I keep saying this but where does the time go?  My son's favorite gift was a digital camera.  He started to take an interest in taking pictures while we were on vacation so I decided to get him his own camera.  It is made by VTech.  It seems pretty good. It also has a video mode.  He has been running around taking pictures and movies.  It is so cute.  I will post some pictures this week of him taking pictures.

On to the card I made this weekend.  I first embossed the card on watercolor paper with with embossing powder.  I then used the distress inks all over it I then took a mini mister filled with water and perfect pearls and sprayed it until the ink pooled up. I then let it dry overnight.  Then I took  the stamped the background stamp (canvas) and stamped that with the distress ink and then stamped it again using the distress background stamp.  I placed that on a a coordinating layering card.  To make the leaf I stamped the flower again and did the same process as above, but I used green ink.  I then attached the flower with pop dots and add the I Rock gems (still love that tool) and a couple of pearls.  I then stamped the greeting on a small strip of layering paper and added it. 
<><><><>
<>
<><><><>
I am very happy  with the results. 
Supplies
Everything is Hero Arts except the neenah solar white cardstock, concord grape ink, milled lavender, barn door, wild honey, peeled paint, perfect pearls, I Rock gems, and white embossing powder.

I will be back this week with another layout to share.  I don't know why but the mojo is just flowing these past 2 weeks.  I think it is because you all have left so many wonderful comments and I have visited so many new wonderful blogs.  Thanks everyone!

7 comments:

Pam said...

I love your card! I would love to receive one like that. Thanks for sharing!

Sharla said...

What a beautiful card!!

Kelly said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing the 'how to' on this one.

Blessed Ladybug said...

thanks for sharing .. i love the flowers...

Dianne said...

Your son is so lucky to get a camera...what a great gift...pretty cards.

Tracy said...

Your cards are beautiful. So much work went into them.
My baby is 21 I hate how time goes by so fast :(

Amy said...

Your cards are beautiful!!!
The pearl finish adds a great pop!

Post a Comment