Saturday, September 25, 2010

Another Basic Grey Layout!

I love dogs!  I grew up a beautiful golden retriever named chevy!  She was my best friend.  As soon I was on my own and I owned my first house I went out and bought a dog.  Her name was Molly and she was a yellow lab.  I loved her so much, but unfortunately I had to  put her down when she was only 1 1/2 years old.  She developed bone cancer in her rib cage.  I took her to Ohio State University with the vets there but they said there was nothing we could really do.  It was the worst day of my life.  My mom and dad loved Molly so much, and they wanted me to feel better so they went out and bought me Miss B or otherwise known as Bailey.  She was a terrible pup.  She ate the arm off my couch while I was at school, she would attack peoples legs and bite them.  I went through months of training and she still was bad.I knew I couldn't give up on her even when family members were telling me to get rid of her.  I finally found a trainer that figured out Bailey's problems and she trained her all in German.  Finally Bailey became manageable and she became a loving member in our family.  She is simply the best! 

Last year my Dad died and my mother was afraid to be alone.  She loved Bailey very much.  I knew what I had to do.  I had to give Bailey to my mom.  There is something about a dog who just knows instinctively when there is a problem and Bailey was right there to help out Mom.  I miss her terribly but we do get to see her every week.  My boys just love her (as I mentioned in yesterdays post).  So this layout is a tribute to my fur baby.  The picture was taken this summer.  Bailey is not 10 years old.  Her face is getting all white, but she is still so beautiful!

My Girl!


Supplies
Cardstock:  Neenah Solar white
Pattern Paper:  Basic Grey
Buttons:  Basick Grey
Twine:  Paper Trey Ink
Die Cut:  labels 8
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Inks:  Tim Holtz distress ink Vintage Photo

If you have a pet give them an extra big hug today!  They are truly amazing!  thanks for stopping by!

Oh yea, can anyone guess what my 2nd favorite paper line is?  I will post tomorrow with a layout using their paper!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a sweet layout- so kind of you to give your mother your dog!

Tracy said...

Awwww you are such a special person.
Beautiful layout.

Post a Comment